Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Commentary for the day:


11/25/12

Let me first start by saying I am extremely compassionate to people who are less fortunate than myself.  These are hard times we are living in and when ever or how ever I can help I usually lend a hand.  However, I must speak on Walmart.  Suddenly after decades in business, there was a recent worker’s strike on this past Black Friday. The Walmart employees were disgruntled due to their claims of low wages and poor treatment; whereas most people working there are on some form of public assistance.

 Don’t get me wrong I feel for these people and I understand the boycotting customers as well. But who I feel for more than them are the Homeless people living on the street who can’t seem to find work or receive public assistance and no one seems, (or at least very few seem,) to have compassion for them.  Personally, I give to the Homeless when I can and I host annual Homeless drives with my partners, because we realize that of all humanity, they are truly struggling to SURVIVE.  They have no Medicaid, food stamp benefits, or a job to complain about, and no public housing to reside in or vouchers to obtain for better housing.  THEY are the FORGOTTEN and the UNCARED for. Millions of these people are VETS who served this country fighting in several tours only to return home with mental, psychological, social, drug/alcohol abuse, and family issues. Let’s boycott/strike this problem! To me it is the most critical.  Heartless people often say, “Just get a job and take care of yourself.” What? Are you serious? How would you get a job if you were Homeless with no address, minimal job skills, with tattered clothing and a dirty body, a drug/alcohol problem, PSTD, and no transportation?  Most of us are only one or two pay checks away from HOMELESSNESS so think before you say, “It would never be me.” You may be holding a sign one day and only then will you understand their plight.

That's my two cents for the day...anybody got a dime? – Kharisma

No comments:

Post a Comment